Frequently Asked Questions
The conference themes can be proposed by WEA members. If you would like to suggest a conference in the field of your expertise, please contact: email@example.com.
The appointed Leaders of thematic conferences develop the call for papers and are in charge of taking actions for marketing the conference to ensure the success, soliciting and selecting contributions, communicating with the authors, and moderating the Discussion Forum. It is possible also to undertake follow-up activities, such as publication of selected conference papers via vehicles directly linked with WEA (such as WEA Books and journals upon making arrangements with the editors), or other academic publishers. The WEA CONFERENCES committee will assist through all stages.
Each WEA CONFERENCE begins with a pre-conference stage, culminating in a Discussion Forum. At the end of each conference the call, papers, and comments will be stored in the WEA archives. The resources of WEA CONFERENCES are available through all stages to WEA members and other visitors.
- Register: registration allows to receive notifications about important dates and updates about the Conference
- Submit proposals: authors can submit unpublished works, either completed or in-progress, within the thematic scope of the conference. The papers will undergo a review and selection process led by the Conference Leaders
Authors of selected papers are expected to reply to comments on their papers. All authors are also strongly encouraged to take part in the Discussion Forum by commenting on other papers.
- Taking actions for marketing the conference to ensure the success.
- Inviting potential contributors in person or by sending emails to them.
- Disseminating the call for papers through other networks, associations, etc., for which the Conference is of interest.
- Preparing the articles about the subject of the conference for the WEA Newsletter, edited by Stuart Birks (K.S.Birks@massey.ac.nz).
- Checking the conference e-mail address and sending updates.
- Selecting the papers and sending the acceptance/rejection letters to the authors.
- Organizing the full papers for the Discussion Forum.
- Deciding how to moderate the Discussion Forum.
The initial format of the WEA CONFERENCES was developed by Grazia Ietto-Gillies, whose ideas have continued to guide the current WEA CONFERENCES organizing team.